St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church
Raleigh, North Carolina
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy that supports the ministry of the Pastor and the parish.
- Creatively apply communication and information technology including social media, print, video, etc.
- Have hands on experience and interest in writing and content creation.
- Possess strong collaborative spirit and capacity to grow as a leader.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of communications, including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Direct and implement the creation and development of effective media strategies.
- Oversee the production of the parish bulletin and web site.
- Create and oversee a volunteer Communication Ministry to assist with implementing the creative tasks of the parish communication strategy.
Supervises (if applicable, list positions supervised by this position)
- N/A - Oversees volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field
- Five years of experience in strategic communications or comparable on-the-job experience
- In-depth understanding of rapidly evolving media and communications platforms and excellent public speaking, presentation and writing skills preferably in both English and Spanish.
- Strategic thinker, self-directed, collaborative
We are a vibrant, multi-cultural, multi-generational parish of 3800 families, including a dynamic pre-school and k-8 school. We seek to invite people to be missionary disciples of Jesus, to know Jesus personally and be part of a community of his Church.
Send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org