Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Wilmington, NC
Full Time, 40 hours/week, salaried, exempt
In addition to a competitive salary, ICC provides a comprehensive benefits plan, including:
- Vision insurance
- Group life
- Long-term disability insurance
- A generous 403(b) plan
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Responsibilities would encompass the formation of all liturgical ministers and parish musicians.
- In addition, the Director works in relationship with other staff members to support the community to live out the parish vision and mission statements.
- This candidate will be involved with the selection of a new piano for the current worship space, and giving input toward the design of an eventual new church building.
Supervises (if applicable, list positions supervised by this position)
- In collaboration with the Pastor, the Director of Liturgy and Music provides direction and supervision of all parish liturgical celebrations.
- Possess an undergraduate degree in music, liturgy, or related field
- Years of related work experience: 2 to 5 years
- Area of related work experience: Experience within the Catholic liturgy
- The ideal candidate will be a practicing Catholic in good standing
- Skills as an accompanist on the piano and organ
- Possess organizational, pastoral, computer, communication, motivational and people skills
Do liturgy and music ministry and the sound of the surf appeal to you? Come to coastal NC to a growing Catholic parish seeking to further develop its liturgy and music programs. Immaculate Conception Parish of 1,000 families ministers to the faithful coastal community of Carolina Beach and historic Wilmington, NC. The community is ministered by the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales. St. Francis de Sales advocates “Living Jesus Christ” by proclaiming the Gospel, celebrating the Eucharist, nourishing our Faith, and serving all God's people with compassion, humility and gentleness.
Send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.