The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina, a growing, vibrant Diocese, seeks highly motivated candidates for the position of Director of the Office of Divine Worship.
- Assists the Diocesan Bishop in his role as the principal liturgist of the Diocese.
- Serves as a resource on liturgical matters to the Bishop and to the parishes of the Diocese.
- Coordinates all episcopal and Diocesan liturgies, assuming primary responsibility for providing material and ministerial needs of liturgies celebrated in Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral.
- Recommends particular norms and praxis in keeping with the universal liturgical norms of the Church.
- Conducts and is a resource for liturgical formation on the Diocesan and parish levels.
- Coordinates the celebrations of the Sacrament of Confirmation of Catholics.
- Collaborates with the Diocesan Director of Music and support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in liturgical studies or a closely related field.
- Master’s degree or Licentiate degree in Liturgy or Liturgical Theology preferred.
- Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Proven experience in planning parish liturgies and participating in the preparation of diocesan liturgies.
- Preferred understanding of the Spanish language and Hispanic liturgical customs.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in providing formation on both the Diocesan and parish levels.
About the Diocese:
The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh includes the 54 counties of eastern North Carolina, covering just over 32,000 square miles. The Diocese is divided into eight deaneries with a total of 96 parishes, missions and stations, seven centers for campus ministry and 31 schools and early childhood centers.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Diocese provides a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurances and a generous 403(b) plan.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.